- Critical Care Occupational Therapist
- Band 7
- Fixed Term contract ends 28/06/2019
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- £36,224 - £46,315 per annum Inc HCA
- 10/07/2018 23:59
Occupational Therapy Department
Team Lead Occupational Therapist Critical Care
Fixed Term Contract Ends 28/06/2019
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest and busiest teaching hospitals, with a unique profile of strong local services and a focused set of specialist services.
Occupational therapy is part of a large Therapy department with 300 therapists that provide a service under a supportive management structure consisting of a Head of profession and a Director of Therapies. The department puts a strong emphasis on the learning environment and ensures that staff has the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge to their full potential.
This is an exciting new post based within the Critical Care Team which offers a rewarding and challenging clinical environment. Occupational Therapy in critical care is a developing field of practice and an emerging service within Kings. Examples of OT interventions delivered to this patient population group include:
- Acute rehabilitation to prevent or treat intensive care unit acquired weakness
- Critical Care Delirium prevention or management
- Specialist early assessment and treatment of neurological conditions
- Upper limb management
- Specialist seating, etc.We are looking for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist with the following skills, experience and interests:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest in leading the development of the Occupational Therapy service on Critical Care, leading and developing staff.
- Skills and experience in the management of patients with acute and rehabilitation needs
- Skills and experience in working with patients with neurological conditions in the acute setting. Working in a department, which offers a wide range of experience, you will be encouraged and supported to develop your clinical, teaching, and managerial skills as well as contribute towards service development.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For more information or informal discussions please contact Helen Nolan, Deputy Head of Occupational Therapy
Ana Bastos Team Lead Occupational Therapist 01689 863918