- Senior Pharmacist, Rotationals
- Band 7
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Denmark Hill
- £44,347 - £50,549 per annum, inc HCA
- 22/09/2019 23:59
***Exciting Job Opportunity***
Full-time 37.5 hours/week (plus out of hours commitment)
We are looking for a hard-working and highly motivated clinical pharmacist to join us in our Band 7 rotational programme. King’s has a number of tertiary care specialties and our successful rotational programme is designed to offer clinical experience in providing high quality pharmaceutical care to patients across all sites at King’s College Hospital (Denmark Hill, Princess Royal University Hospital and Orpington Hospital). Rotations include anticoagulation, clinical services, clinical Nutrition, hepatology, neurosciences, critical care & medicines finance, specialist medicine, medicines safety, haematology & aseptics, acute medicine, frailty, surgery & clinical nutrition, respiratory medicine & antimicrobials and post-acute care and cardiology. Critical Care experience will be gained during the Medicines Finance rotation, which offers a unique opportunity to learn about the commissioning, monitoring and reporting of high-cost drugs, contract and performance monitoring.This post would be suitable for an individual who is looking to develop their clinical skills across a range of specialties, as well as their leadership and managerial skills.
Each rotation lasts eight months.
Key activities of the post holder in each rotation will be to:
- Act as a specialist practitioner and role model and manage the day to day pharmaceutical care of patients in the rota’d specialty
- Attend daily consultant ward rounds in specific rotations
- In the anticoagulation rotation, participate in the pharmacy-led clinics
- Respond to clinical queries both internally and externally
- Produce monthly financial and activity reports including monitoring of cost savings initiatives
- Conduct research and audit projects
- Participate in activities such as risk management, clinical guideline development and staff training.
This exciting programme provides flexible and challenging opportunities for both personal and professional development. The rotation has structured objectives designed to ensure that the participants gain sufficient experience and skills while contributing to the department and trust priorities.
The successful applicant will be a team player with significant clinical experience as a registered hospital pharmacist, excellent interpersonal skills, a strong desire to learn and a meticulous attention to detail.
Closing date: 22 September 2019
Interviews: 25 October 2019
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Simon Matthews (Principal Pharmacist, Clinical Services) 020 3299 9000 ext 30355.