- Senior Clinical Pharmacist Paediatric Liver Disease
- Band 8a
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Denmark Hill
- £51,383 - £57,596 per annum, inc HCA
- 25/09/2019 23:59
The Women’s and Children’s Divisional pharmacy team are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist for a Paediatric Liver Disease 8A position.
The Variety Club Children’s hospital is contained within King’s College Hospital and provides the following services; a national paediatric liver and bowel transplant centre, a national paediatric CF centre, regional neonatal and paediatric neurosurgery centres and general paediatrics services to the local community. We also provide the following Women’s services: Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Urogynaecology, Assisted Conception and Early Pregnancy Unit.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated pharmacist with a paediatric clinical pharmacy background and enthusiasm for Women and Children’s Clinical Pharmacy Services. The successful applicant will be expected to be a team player with excellent communication skills and sufficient experience as a registered pharmacist including relevant hospital pharmacy experience. The post holder will work as part of a dedicated pharmacy team to deliver a high quality, cost effective clinical pharmacy service to the Paediatric Liver Disease patients within the Variety Club Children’s hospital.
Additional key activities of the post holder will be to:
- Ensure a high level of clinical pharmacy input to Paediatric Liver Disease, and other specialist areas in conjunction with Team Leader
- Participate in multidisciplinary ward rounds delivering and promoting high quality, cost-effective, patient-focused pharmaceutical care
- Set up, provide and develop pharmaceutical services through a prescribing role in Paediatric Liver Disease
- Assist with the development of a service to provide immunosuppressant medication to post transplant paediatric patients
- Provide answers to medication related queries from patients, carers, and other healthcare professionals
- Work closely with the clinical nurse specialist shared care team, ensuring patients are able to obtain their medication effectively and safely
- Develop, implement and audit local and shared care guidelines
- Assist in financial reporting on drug usage, expenditure forecasting, and drug budget management
- Liaise with the formulary team, finance team, other hospitals and patients and their carers to ensure timely, safe, cost effective, clinically appropriate medication supply
- Educate and train healthcare professionals within and outside the Trust relating to medicine use in Paediatric Liver Disease.
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th September
Interview Date: W/C 7th October
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Helen Cooper, Principal Pharmacist for Women’s and Children’s on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 299 9000 ex35723; or Gavin Miller, Deputy Director of Pharmacy 203 299 9000 ex31494