- Pre-reg Nurse Education
- Band 7
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Denmark Hill
- £45,780 - £51,393 per annum, inc HCA
- 12/07/2020 23:59
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 12,600 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London and Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley, Orpington Hospital, and some services at Beckenham Beacon and Queen Mary’s Sidcup.
The Trust is recognised internationally for its work in liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences, cardiac, haemato-oncology, fetal medicine, stroke, major trauma, and Emergency Department.
Practice Development Nurse (PDN) – Adult Pre-registration Nursing
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Pre-registration Nursing Team at King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
As a Pre-registration Practice Development Nurse, you will work within a team supporting and promoting excellent practice by:
- Assisting in the facilitation of the pre-registration nursing programs within King’s College Hospital across all sites, working in close partnership with our Higher Education Institutions (HEI) reflecting the NMC Standards for Education and Training
- Supporting all nursing / nurse associate students, Supervisors and Assessors in the clinical environment
- Providing pastoral support, guidance and training to all stakeholders on all aspects of the pre-registration nursing journey
- Demonstrating clinical expertise and act as an effective role model for best practice nursing for our student nurses/ nurse associates
We are looking for a self-motivated practitioner with a strong delivery focus, who enjoys a challenge and has a passion to help develop staff and students.
Experience in teaching and supporting staff is essential; if you have these talents and are interesting in working in a friendly supportive team then we would like to hear from you.
Applicants who have applied and been unsuccessful for this role in the past 3 months need not reapply.
Interviews will be held 22nd July 2020.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Tosan Okubule-Kotey (Matron - Pre-reg Nurse Education), firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0203 299 1695