- Band 7
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Denmark Hill
- £44,347 - £50,549 per annum, inc HCA
- 22/09/2019 23:59
Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Surgery and Gastroenterology
Band 7 plus EDA
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of London’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals, with a unique profile of strong local services and a focused set of specialist services. This includes providing specialist services to patients across a wide catchment area.
Our clinical pharmacists and technicians work closely with multi-disciplinary teams. We are a patient-centered, research-oriented, progressive department. Provision of support and training to progress staff personal and professional development is of utmost importance to us. Our main goal is to ensure best quality patient care.
This is an exciting opportunity for a pharmacist with drive and ability to develop their clinical pharmacy skills in a supportive and challenging environment. The Surgical Directorate at King’s encompasses a variety of specialties such as bariatric, trauma and orthopedics, urology, upper and lower GI, vascular, and endocrine surgery. It is a busy, acute and clinically diverse environment.
Reporting to the Clinical Pharmacy Team Leader, your responsibilities will include
- Providing pharmaceutical care (including prescription monitoring and screening, patient counselling, discharge planning, medicines reconciliation, provision of medicines information and risk management)
- Participation in multidisciplinary ward rounds
- Drug expenditure reporting and supporting cost-effective prescribing
- Participation in activities such as clinical audit, risk management, clinical guideline development, and training
- Provision of specialist clinical advice both internally and externally
- Training and research
Closing Date: Sunday 22nd September 2019
Interviews will be held week beginning 30th September 2019
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).