- Neurosurgery - Spine
- Band 7
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- King's College Hospital
- £39,866 - £49,704 per annum (inc HCA)
- 22/01/2019 23:59
King’s College Hospital NHS Trust is situated in SE London and provides comprehensive health care and emergency services to a diverse local community. A major teaching hospital in the forefront of academic and nursing excellence, we offer a wide range of general and specialist services, providing an environment that is both challenging and rewarding.
The regional Neuroscience service at King’s serves a population of 3.8 million and has an international reputation for motor neurone disease, movement and neuromuscular disorder and epilepsy surgery. Providing a wide range of expert clinical services for both regional and local patients, the service is continually expanding and developing, offering new and exciting career options for nursing. This strong clinical speciality, combined with a nursing team committed to high clinical standards and a supportive environment, makes us a compelling career option for ambitious neuroscience nurses.
The unit comprises:
- Neurosurgery with integrated telemetry unit
- High Dependency Unit- 11 beds
- Friends Stroke Unit
- Frank Cooksey and Ontario Neuro-Rehabilitation Units (located at Orpington)
Clinical Nurse Specialist for Spine in Neurosurgery
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated nurse to join the excellent nursing team within the Neuroscience Care Group at King’s College Hospital and work in Neurosurgery as part of the spinal team with a world renowned reputation.
The Team is committed to providing expert specialist care and support to patients with elective, emergency and trauma spinal conditions through in-patient services, outpatient clinics and telephone advice. The post holder will be required to have excellent communication skills and to confidently support patients and families.
The candidate must:
- Be a level 1 registered nurse with clinical experience in Neurosurgery essential
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the ability to impart complex and sensitive information to patients, relatives and carers with different levels of understanding
- Experience with Spinal Cord Injury, Cauda Equina and Neurogenic bladder/bowel patients - Highly desirable
- Interviews week commencing the 7th February 2019
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Mark Madams, Head of Nursing for Neurosciences on 020 3299 8809/9000 or Sarah Dheansa, Matron for Neurosciences on 020 3299 7314/1463