- Medical & Dental
- Fixed Term - 12 months
- Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Denmark Hill
- £48,370 per annum inc London weighting
- 28/02/2018 23:59
Kings College Hospital - Functional Neurosurgery Fellowship
Tenure: 12 months
Commencement in post August 2018
Applications are invited to apply for the post of Neurosurgery Functional Fellow based at King’s College Hospital Foundation Trust. This clinical fellowship is intended to allow an experienced neurosurgical trainee to obtain experience over one to two years in a sub-specialist interest within neurosurgery. This post will provide experience sufficient to allow a successful fellow to offer himself/herself for appointment to a consultant position involving a substantial commitment to this specialist area of neurosurgery. To achieve this, the trainee will be given experience in the following broad areas.
- The assessment and investigation of patients undergoing functional neurosurgery in particular those with movement disorders, intractable pain and epilepsy, and experience of the operative techniques involved in treating these patients. Experience will be obtained in both adult and paediatric cases.
- The opportunity to conduct research into functional neurosurgery and publish research papers in peer reviewed journals.
- The participation in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of functional neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, neurologists, psychologists, psychiatrists and specialist nurses.
- The fellow will be expected to assist and in time perform (depending on his/her level of experience) the majority of the functional neurosurgical cases.
- The fellow will also be expected to attend one or two national/ international meetings each year and present abstracts.
Surgeons preparing to work as consultants must be intimately involved with the running of the neurosurgical service and in providing some element of continuity of care for the patients since this will be an integral part of their practice as consultants. The Fellow will therefore participate in the general neurosurgical rota, and will also be expected to share responsibility for the neurosurgical patients in their area of sub specialist interest outside of strict rota commitments.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Mr Richard Selway, Consultant Neurosurgeon, tel. 0203 299 3285/8305 or Professor Keyoumars Ashkan on firstname.lastname@example.org