- NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Trainee (ST3 +)
- Fixed Term
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- King's College Hospital
- £49,294 per annum inc. London Weighting
- 19/11/2018 23:59
We are seeking high grade clinician (ST8 level) who wishes to gain experience in, and an understanding of clinical research and trials, specifically within neurosurgery.
The post aims to support research in neurosurgery at KCH. The research fellow will be based in the new clinical trials unit where there are excellent facilities for clinical research. The appointee will be expected to liaise closely with the clinical trials team and other clinicians within the neurosurgery team.
The post is for a period of two years with review after the first year.
King’s College London is one of the world’s leading research-led universities, therefore the successful candidate will have access to the educational facilities there. In addition the fellow may have the opportunity to undertake outpatient clinics/on call duties and will be expected to support the other clinical trials and possibly the clinical service from time to time. There may be opportunity to participate in the unit’s Neurosurgery clinical teaching program.
1. Please ensure you check your NHS Jobs account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you.
2. Do not delete the job from your account until you are certain you have not been shortlisted as this will prevent you from accessing any messages or important documents you may need to download.
3. To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances please contact the named person on this advert.
4. Please provide email addresses for referees where possible. At King’s, we fully support the right of all staff to equal opportunities and are committed to the development of a diverse workforce. Applications are welcome from anyone who meets the specific criteria of the post regardless of age, gender, disability, religion/ belief or sexual orientation.
Benefits available to all employees include: Workplace Nurseries, an excellent Pension Scheme and access to the Learning Zone.
All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Prof Keyoumars Ashkan on 0203 299 3285