- NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
- Fixed term contract - 1 Year
- Full time 40 hr per week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Denmark Hill
- £41,222 to £75,002 per annum (inc. London weighting)
- Today at 23:59
Kings College Hospital - Skull Base Fellowship
Tenure: 12 months
Start date: May 2019
Applications are invited to apply for the post of Neurosurgical Skull Base Fellow based at King’s College Hospital Foundation Trust. This clinical fellowship is intended to allow an experienced neurosurgical trainee to obtain experience over one to two years in a sub-specialist interest within neurosurgery. This post will provide experience sufficient to allow a successful fellow to offer himself/herself for appointment to a consultant position involving a substantial commitment to this specialist area of neurosurgery. To achieve this, the trainee will be given experience in the following broad areas.
- The surgical and endocrinological assessment and investigation of patients with skull base and pituitary lesions.
- The opportunity to conduct research into skull base and pituitary neurosurgery and publish research papers in peer reviewed journals.
- The participation in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of endocrinologists, skull base ENT and neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, neuropathologists and radiotherapists.
- The fellow will be expected to assist in, and in time perform (depending on his/her level of experience) surgery for the neurovascular compression syndromes.
- The fellow will also be expected to attend one or two national/ international meetings each year and present abstracts.
Surgeons preparing to work as consultants must be intimately involved with the running of the neurosurgical service and in providing some element of continuity of care for the patients since this will be an integral part of their practice as consultants. The Fellow will therefore participate in the general neurosurgical rota, and will also be expected to share responsibility for the neurosurgical patients in their area of sub specialist interest outside of strict rota commitments.
Interviews: November 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Informal enquiries are encouraged and should be directed to Mr Sinan Barazi, Consultant Neurosurgeon – pituitary Consultant Neurosurgeon – Pituitary & Skull Base Consultant Neurosurgeon - pituitaryand Mr Nick Thomas, Consultant Neurosurgeon – Pituitary & Skull Base, tel. 0203 299 3288.