Specialist / Senior Clinical Cardiac Physiologist
- Cardiac Physiologist
- Band 6
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Denmark Hill
- £37,638 - £44,780 per annum, inc HCA
- 17/01/2021 23:59
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 12,800 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) sites at Denmark Hill in Camberwell and at the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in the London Borough of Bromley.
King’s College hospital is a renowned research institution in south east London and with KCL and Guys/St Thomas’s forms Kings Health Partners.
This is a full time, permanent position. It also includes participation in the on-call service for primary angioplasty and emergency arhythmia pathway.
This post will be based primarily within the Cardiac department Suite 6 and the cardiac catheter laboratories at Denmark Hill, but the post holder will be employed to work on any KCH site as required.
The post holder will be an independent practitioner clinical cardiac physiologist specialist, with proven competency in all aspects of non-invasive cardiac diagnostic testing and invasive diagnostic testing and diagnostic reporting at a specialist level. They should also have an interest in a specific area of Cardiac Physiology.
A cross-functional approach to team work is encouraged to ensure high quality service delivery and there is an opportunity to develop expertise in specialist areas such as CPET, interventional cardiology, complex CRM and/or Electrophysiology. Hence, rotation around a broad range of clinical physiology areas will be necessary, in order to maintain competencies for state registration purposes. Participation in the emergency on-call service for primary angioplasty and emergency arrhythmia pathway will be required.
You will be a highly self-motivated team member who is organized, flexible and reliable. You must be able to demonstrate proficiency in diagnostic cardiology and be enthusiastic to teach cardiographers, junior staff and students as well as developing yourself in a specialist area with the intention of continuous post-graduate CPD.
Key requirements of this position are:
· BSc in Cardiac Physiology (old degree) or
· BSc in Healthcare Science (PTP) – Clinical Cardiac Physiology or equivalent or
· MSc in Healthcare Science (STP) – Clinical Cardiac Physiology or equivalent
· Intermediate Life Support (ILS)
· Proficiency in and a strong underpinning knowledge of all non-invasive techniques
· Proficiency in and a strong underpinning knowledge of invasive procedures including CRM and interventional procedures
· Willingness to attend courses/ conferences and to undertake further professional qualifications to keep abreast with new developments
· A commitment to training in advanced level techniques
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Nishat Jahagirdar
- Job title
- Principal Cardiac Physiologist
- Email address
- Telephone number