- ICT Infrastructure and Operations
- Band 5
- Fixed term
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Kings College Hospital
- Denmark Hill, London
- £26,554 to £34,495 per annum inc HCA
- 26/01/2018 23:59
ICT Analyst /Technician, Higher Level
The successful applicant will be an experienced Desktop Technician that has a good working knowledge of ITIL principles. Experience of working in a similar role within an NHS environment would be an advantage but not essential.
The Trust is looking to recruit an experienced Technical Analyst engineer to work within the busy and dynamic IT department. Based within the Kings College Trust, the successful candidate will assist in the provision of background support and maintenance of the Trust’s infrastructure, ensuring that frontline services are delivered in a safe and consistent manner. Experience of working in a similar role within an NHS environment would be an advantage but not essential.
The Applicant should have a good proven track record of PC and server hardware & software support within a PC and Microsoft environment. In addition, a very good working knowledge of the following is essential:
• Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10
• Must have excellent analytical diagnostics & PC troubleshooting skills
• Mobile technology (based on Cisco wireless) experience
• ITIL Foundation V3 or experience of working in an ITIL environment
The following is desirable:
• Experience & knowledge of working in an NHS environment
• MS O/S Windows 2003 server & Windows 2008 server
• MS Office including MS Outlook 2010 & 2013
The ideal candidate will:
• Be able to work effectively on your own, under pressure of deadlines & be able to prioritise your own workload.
• Be able to interact with a wide range of people including non-technical users, managers, suppliers, contractors, facilities management & medical staff.
• Be Self-motivated, keen to learn and development themselves within the Organisation.
It is essential that in addition to excellent technical skills the successful candidate will have good communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to express themselves effectively both verbally & in writing. As well as be able to work both as a team member & individually.
This role will also involve an element of Telephone support on a rota basis
The Trust is keen to promote from within, this is an excellent opportunity for the ideal candidate to progress their career within ICT.
This job description outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the post and is a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. It may be amended from time to time to meet changing circumstances by mutual agreement. It is expected that the job/role description will be regularly reviewed by the post holder and his/her manager.
These discussions will normally take place during the bi-annual staff appraisal interview. Where appropriate, an agreed amended job/role description will be produced or explicitly authorised by the Human Resources Department
**Candidates must be prepared to work at any site within the Kings Trust**
Please note if we receive large number of applications we reserve the right to close vacancies early.
Closing date: 26/01/2018
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Steve Moore 020 3299 35217